Same Day/ Next Day Denture Repair
Despite extensively caring for your dentures, they still often need to be repaired, either due to an accidental dropping or as a result of continued wear. If you were going to an important meeting or social gathering and you accidentally broke your dentures, then there is no need to panic because you can get your dentures repaired on the same day! At Desai dental, we are fully aware of the importance of your dentures in improving your smile and quality of life, therefore we strive to get your dentures repaired on the same day.
BEGIN BY SCHEDULING YOUR FREE DENTAL CONSULTATION
Send Us A Message
Meet Orlando’s Own Dr. Desai
Dr. Shilpa Desai has been creating beautiful smiles in Central Florida for over 20 years. With her experienced team, she provides the best dental care at an affordable price. Learn more about Dr. Desai and her team by clicking here. If you’re looking for a new dental office, ask about our current $49 New Patient Special.
Why Do Dentures Need Repair?
- Fractured Dentures – although dentures are made from a durable and strong material, the acrylic dentures are vulnerable to fracture as a result of accidental dropping or a result of direct blow to the face.
- Continued Wear – the strength of your dentures usually declines with their age. As a result, continued wearing of dentures can ultimately result in need for dentures to be repaired.
- Need for Modification – as you wear your dentures your underlying jaw bone undergoes dynamic changes in its shape and density. As a result dentures that fit you perfectly a year back may feel loose to you. In these cases, the fitting surface of the dentures may need to be repaired through re-lining.
- Broken Clasps – sometimes, clasps that attach the dentures to the adjacent natural teeth break. In these cases the dentures need to be repaired by replacing the clasp, before they can be worn again.
How Are Dentures Repaired?
If you feel that your dentures do not fit anymore or you have broken your dentures, then you should return your dentures to your dentist’s office. Your dentist will then send these dentures to the dental laboratory for repairs. However, minor modifications or repairs can sometimes also be carried out at the dental office. Similarly, if the dentures need to be relined, this procedure is carried out at the dental chairside.
Back at the dental laboratory, the dental technician will join the broken pieces of the dentures and fill the gap with a chemically polymerized acrylic denture material. This allows the dentures to be repaired quickly. Once the broken pieces have been joined together, the repaired denture is then finished and polished in the conventional manner and then sent back to the dental office.
Benefits of Denture Repair over Replacement
- Minimal Waiting Period – if you break your dentures fabrication of a new set of dentures may require up to 2-3 weeks. However, if you get them repaired you can get your dentures back with 24 hours, or at the most, by the next day.
- Cost-effective – which would be more cost-effective? Getting new dentures or getting your old ones repaired? Once you get them back from the laboratory, you won’t be able to tell whether they are new or your old ones!
- Save Your Time – instead of visiting the dental office multiple times for getting new dentures, all you have to do to get your dentures repaired is to send them to your dentist’s office and you will get them back within 24-48 hours!
So the next time you break your dentures, you should consider getting them repaired instead of getting new ones. This will not only save you a lot time, but you will also be able to save your hard earned money!
Ask About New Patient Special!