We only get two sets of natural teeth in our lifetime. Once they are lost we have to rely on various prosthetic appliances that are not only unable to completely restore tooth function, but they also have a limited lifespan. So, if you have lost some or all of your natural teeth and you’re looking for a permanent solution the restoration of your missing teeth, then dental implants should be your first choice! Why? Let’s have a look!
BEGIN BY SCHEDULING YOUR FREE DENTAL CONSULTATION
Send Us A Message
Meet Orlando’s Own Dr. Desai
Dr. Shilpa Desai has been creating beautiful smiles in Central Florida for over 20 years. With her experienced team, she provides the best dental care at an affordable price. Learn more about Dr. Desai and her team by clicking here. If you’re looking for a new dental office, ask about our current $49 New Patient Special.
What Are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a fixture that is placed inside the jaw bone to serve as the root component of a missing tooth. Dental implants are made from very strong materials such as Titanium and its alloys or zirconium.
Why Are They the Best Replacement Option for Natural Teeth?
Wondering why dental implants have gained widespread popularity among the dentists as well patients throughout the world? There are two main reasons behind their success and durability.
- Ossoeintegration – ossoeintegration refers to the ability of dental implants to form a direct contact with the surrounding bone. In this way, the implants get fully anchored within the bone and provide support and retention to any prosthesis that is provided over them, such as a crown, bridge or an overdenture.
- Durability – as discussed before, dental implants are manufactured from very strong and durable materials such as Titanium and its alloys or various types of ceramics such as zirconium. As a result, dental implants are able to provide to services for many decades, even a lifetime before they require repair or replacement.
What Are the Benefits?
Still not convinced? Let’s have a look at various benefits you can enjoy when you restore your missing teeth with dental implants:
- A Beautiful Smile – who doesn’t want to look beautiful and have a charming smile? Well, dental implants can make that happen for you! Highly esthetically pleasing dental prosthesis can be provided over dental implants that will not only enhance your personality, but will also make you look even more beautiful and charming!
- High Success Rate – according to research, dental implants have a more than 95% survival rate after 10 years. However, in reality, most dental implants if placed carefully, can serve for even a lifetime. This is much greater than the survival rate of other tooth replacement options such as dentures, crowns and bridges.
- Eat Whatever You Like – unable to chew your food properly with your dentures? Don’t worry because now you can enjoy all your favorite foods without any difficulty with the help of dental implants. This is because the dental implants are firmly anchored within the jaw bone, thereby providing the same chewing efficiency as your natural teeth.
- Speak Without any Difficulty – denture wearers are aware of the problems they have to face while speaking! On the other hand, dental implants provide you with the same speech capability as you enjoyed with your natural teeth. So no more fumbled words and denture slips whenever you speak!
How Are Dental Implants Placed?
Placement of dental implants requires extensive treatment planning and is carried in multiple stages:
- Pre-operative Investigation and Formation of Treatment Plan – before initiating the procedure, your dentist will first have perform a detailed clinical examination, in addition to having a look at your previous medical and dental records. This is done to ascertain whether you are a suitable candidate for getting implants. In addition, while considering your current dental status a treatment plan is chalked out that is customized according to your dental needs and esthetic demands.
- Administration of Local Anesthesia – since implant placement is a surgical procedure, therefore it is carried out under the effect of anesthesia. In case of a single implant, local anesthesia is usually administered to the patient. However, if multiple implants are to be placed in a single sitting the dentist may choose to carry out the procedure under general anesthesia. Additionally, if the dentist anticipates a highly anxious or apprehensive patient then the procedure may also be carried out under conscious sedation.
- Soft Tissue Incision – in order to gain access into the underlying jaw bone, your dentist will make an incision into the soft tissues covering the jaw bone and raise a soft tissue flap. Length of the flap is determined by the number of adjacent implants that are to be placed in a single sitting.
- Placing the Implant– in the next step, your dentist will make a hole inside the jaw bone, such that the hole is slightly narrower than the actual width of the selected implant. Your dentist will then screw in or tap the implant into its place by using controlled and precise forces. Use of excessive forces during implant placement may result in the fracture of jaw bone.
- Placing the Healing Cap– once the implant is placed, a healing cap and anti-rotation screw is placed over it and patient is discharged until complete healing of the surgical site has taken place. At this point, a suitable prosthesis, such as a crown, bridge or an overdenture is placed over the implant (two-stage technique). On the other hand, sometimes dentists prefer to load the implants immediately after their placement (single-stage technique).
- Replacing the Surgical Flap – in case a two-stage technique is followed, the surgical flap is sutured back into its place after the placement of the healing cap so as to provide adequate time and conditions for wound healing.
Why Choose Desai Dental for Dental Implants?
Desai dental should be your first choice for getting dental implants because we have a team of highly qualified dentists who are specially trained in implant therapy. In addition, we are also equipped with the state of the art diagnostic equipment which will ensure that your implants provide lifelong services. So what are you waiting for? Visit us today and walk away with a beautiful smile and confident personality!
Schedule Your Appointment Today
Ask About New Patient Special!